OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Emails Archive

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Emails Archive

Postby volberg » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 am

I am running a journal on the OJS and I was wondering if somewhere there is an archive of all the emails sent to authors, other editors and so on? Or is this some feature that needs to be activated? As far as I understood from the documentation there is no such feature but I thought I will ask just in case.

Thanks
volberg

Re: Emails Archive

Postby LisaP » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Hello,

There is a feature that you can enable that will maintain a log of all emails in relation to a submission. Go to Journal Management > Journal Setup > Step 4.1. Under "Logging and Auditing," you'll see where you can enable this feature.

Hope this helps!
Lisa
LisaP

Postby volberg » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks, but this is just the log of emails. And not the actual emails themselves, right?
volberg

Postby LisaP » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:03 pm

The entire body of the email is logged, so you'll be able to view the actual emails themselves. Keep in mind, though, that the log will just contain the emails sent out by and received through the system.

Hope this helps,
Lisa
LisaP

Postby volberg » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:14 am

Indeed. It works. Thanks.
volberg

Postby Carla » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:04 am

Hi,
thank you for your useful posts. I was wondering if there's a way to archive the received e-mails. It always happens that when I send an email through the system ,the authors or editors just reply through their e-mail client, and their answer is not tracked in the system.

Can I upload received emails manually? Or ....is there another way to record received e-mails?

Thank you

Carla
Carla

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:08 am

Hi Carla,

There's nothing built into OJS for this purpose -- but you could use the Notes facility (also in History) to track any salient details, e.g. "X sent Y an email titled Z."

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby sttis » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Hello,

One of our Journal Managers has also asked whether there is a way for email replies to automatically be tracked in the system and included in the submission history. This would be a very nice feature, but sadly one I don't have the time or resources to develop. Thanks for the Notes suggestion though. That might help us.

Cheers,
Suzy
sttis

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 am

Hi Suzy,

This would require OJS to be able to receive email, which is a considerable additional technical requirement. It's not in the picture for the near future, though of course as we get requests for it it'll move up our priority list...

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion