OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Strange behaviour of Email log

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Strange behaviour of Email log

Postby szczuka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:54 am

Hello,

Not that it is a major problem, more of a nuisance.
Recently one of my editors pointed out that in my installation of OJS, when you go to "History" tab for a paper in editing, the "Email log" part is strange.
It displays emails that have nothing to do with the currently viewed submission. They are also, in most cases, email messages that were exchanged even before the paper in discourse was even submitted, e.g emails from 2010, while paper was submitted in the beginning of 2012. The entries in the email log are at least consistent, they are all about the same paper, only not the one the history is for. It would appear as if in some data table the id numbers of articles got mixed up. When I examine the emails listed in the log, they seem to be appropriately assigned to this log as the id number matches, but the title and other data is for submission that has different number in the system.
Is it possible that one of upgrades (recently from 2.3.6 to 2.4.2) resulted in such mix-up?
If you need more information or samples, please let me know.
Regards

Marcin Szczuka
szczuka

Re: Strange behaviour of Email log

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:00 am

Hi Marcin,

Yes, this is likely a data problem related to an old upgrade. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9140 for more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support