OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

CSV File Upload and MySQL

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

CSV File Upload and MySQL

Postby jjgitties » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi, I am tasked with trying to add a feature to a OJS site and I have been wracking my brains trying to get this to work all day and am at my wits end.

This is an older version of OJS and has been customized and worked on my various people over the years. I am able trace how the site works but there are just so many different ways that differt pages have been implemented that I don't know which is the right way and I suspect there might already be a standard easier way to do it. We basically need to upload a csv file via a web page, add the file contents to a mysql table, and list the contents on the page. I keep thinking there is already a build in function to do this. If anyone has any tips or suggestions , let me know.
jjgitties

Re: CSV File Upload and MySQL

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi jjgitties,

There is a native XML import/export plugin that you could use for this -- though you'll have to convert your spreadsheet to the appropriate format. Have a look at the sample XML in plugins/importexport/native. There is no direct CSV import in OJS, and converting the data to the right format for MySQL will probably be very time-consuming.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: CSV File Upload and MySQL

Postby jjgitties » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks. I will check the xml import. I have no issues converting the raw data to xml it if will make it easier to import and b) reduce the amount of customizaion of ojs to simplify migration to a newer version.
jjgitties

Return to OJS Development