OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Not see the site

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Not see the site

Postby miguelzac » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:33 am

Team PKP:

-site -> revista.upnzacatecas.edu.mx

When I configure the navigation tool bar, I remove an item, and then made click on erase(borrar), the system no respond y repeat the click on erase. Before these action my site no are visible.

I see the database item journal_settings and view any data imcomplete from item I treat erase(described up).

What I can do(Help me please).

Thanks
Miguel
Zacatecas
miguelzac

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:10 am

Hi Miguel,

This probably indicates a PHP error message is being sent to the server log. Set PHP's display_errors setting to E_ALL and see if that results in any further details being displayed. Sometimes a PHP upgrade can cause saved settings to misbehave if the PHP serialization technique has changed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Thanks, Alec S:

Postby miguelzac » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:39 am

I treat to see the display_error but, I not know to much of Linux, to solve the problem, first find where php store the instruction for tool bar naigation, there is table:journal_settings and list column an roe (with instructions SQL) that have an error related to tool bar, and clear or update the field setting_value. After these, the web page is visible wothout old changes(changes in: tool bar navigation).

Forward I toke more reads of linux.

Thanks/Gracias
Miguel
Zacatecas, México
P.D.: How I know how many journals and his countries have OJS?
miguelzac

Postby miguelzac » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:44 am

Thanks Alec, S.

we are online.
miguelzac

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:49 am

Hi Miguel,

Glad to hear it!

Since OJS is open source, we don't have a comprehensive count of journals; however, we track an unofficial list of OJS users (mostly found via Google) that runs over a thousand.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support