OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Cover images

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Cover images

Postby ajs » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 am

Hi

I can't seem to add cover images to my publications. On the catalogue window, I can add image, start upload, but the image is never attached to the publication. When I check the files directory on the server, the images are stored in the temp directory as JPG23423.tmp. Any ideas?
ajs

Re: Cover images

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:12 am

Hi ajs,

After you start the upload, did you save the form?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ajs » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 am

Yes, they just disappear from the form, still sat in the temp directory on the server.
ajs

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi ajs,

Have you checked your server's error log to see if there are any relevant messages there? Also, double-check the file permissions on the "public" subdirectory of your installation (and any subdirectories and contents).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby jag » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:14 am

Hello.

I have the exact same problem. I upload the image cover and save the form,but it never shows. The temporary file is stored in the defined temp folder (with a name similar to jpg90CE.tmp) but the final image is not in the images folder.
There is no error on the server log, and no error appears in the screen when i define display_errors = On in the configuration file.

I've checked the images folder permissions and they are the same as the temp folder.

In the Configuration file the paths are defined like this:

files_dir = "C:/Websites/miweb/uploads"
public_files_dir = /imagenes

But as values for public_files_dir i've tested these too:

public_files_dir = C:/Websites/miweb/imagenes
public_files_dir = "C:/Websites/miweb/imagenes"
public_files_dir = "/imagenes"
public_files_dir = imagenes
public_files_dir = "imagenes"

Nothing works. I've even tried setting the same folder for both, and it doesn't work.

The OMP is hosted on a windows server and there is no error in the web log, php log or windows event viewer.

Can someone help me, please?.
jag

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:49 am

Hi jag,

This is typically the way I reference my public files directory:

which implies that I have a sub directory called imagenes inside of my base OMP installation directory. Are your file permissions correct? That directory (and all of its sub directories) need to be writable by the web server user.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:42 am

Hi all,

The leading "/" in the public files directory is not going to work. I'd suggest continuing the discussion at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10815, where the same problem has been reported.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby jag » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:18 am

Hi.

This is typically the way I reference my public files directory:

which implies that I have a sub directory called imagenes inside of my base OMP installation directory. Are your file permissions correct? That directory (and all of its sub directories) need to be writable by the web server user.

I've referenced the file like that, the folder exists and has the correct permissions on my server, but it doesn't work. It has the same permissions as the folder where the temporary file the uploader creates is stored. The temp file is there so the permissions are right.

The leading "/" in the public files directory is not going to work.

I've tried with and without the "/".

I'd suggest continuing the discussion at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10815, where the same problem has been reported.

I don't think it's the same problem. There, at least the image is uploaded although the url is wrong. But i can't make it to upload the photo. It just creates the temporary file.

Thanks for your answers.

¿Could it be something about the mime types?. Looking at the config file i've seen there is this value:
mime_database_path = /etc/magic.mime
But my server is windows so the mime types are managed by IIS and that path doesn't exists. I don't know if this has something to do with it but after so many tests i don't see anything wrong and i can't find where is the problem.
jag

Postby vlilloh » Wed May 28, 2014 1:20 am

Hi,

This is happening to me just since I updated from 1.0 to 1.1.0. I've applied all patches, but I have the same problem.

1.png shows after click "Start Upload".

2.png shows after click "Save".

The 'simple' folder for the submission in files/presses/monographs is not created. All 'files' folders have permissions 755.

Please, can you help us?

Cheers.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (35.73 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
1.png
1.png (41.54 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
vlilloh

Postby asmecher » Wed May 28, 2014 8:51 am

Hi Vicente,

Have you checked that the file ownership is correct? If it's not, then 755 permissions might not be enough.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby vlilloh » Wed May 28, 2014 9:07 am

Hi Alec,

The ownership for 'files' folder is 'libros' and the group is 'webusers'.

The ownership for all subfolders and files of 'files' folder is 'libuuid' and the group is '33'.

What do you recommend I do, please?

Cheers.
vlilloh

Postby asmecher » Wed May 28, 2014 9:18 am

Hi Vicente,

That sounds fine to me. Have you seen this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11742

Jason was looking for more information from people who were experiencing this problem, as he wasn't able to duplicate it locally.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby vlilloh » Wed May 28, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Alec,

I've just written to Jason with my credentials.

Thanks!
vlilloh

Postby asmecher » Wed May 28, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Vicente,

Excellent, thanks.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support