OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Is there any limitation of the files submitted to OJS?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Is there any limitation of the files submitted to OJS?

Postby yaliang » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:30 am

Dear Friends:

Recently we received a submission file (PDF format) which is 1.8MB in size. The file could be successfully open on the local server with Acrobat or via OJS’ interface. However, when the editor accessed the file via the internet, the download process of this file was interrupted when it reached round 1 MB (50%). I wonder that is there limitation about the size of a submission file? Could anybody give me some suggestions? Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:05 am

Hi Yaliang,

No, there shouldn't be a limitation, and we've successfully used much larger files than that. Here are a few things to check:
  • Timeouts in PHP's php.ini configuration file. If a timeout is being reached, the server may break the connection.
  • Test with a different web browser on the client side.
  • Check to make sure that PHP's memory limit is not being reached. (I don't think this is likely to be the problem, but ensure that the memory_limit is set to 16MB or higher.)
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

A Solution for Microsoft's IIS.

Postby yaliang » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:35 am

Finally, I figured out and fixed the problem by assigning a smaller value to the property "MinFileBytesPerSec" for IIS. This property is used to configure the minimum throughput rate that HTTP.sys enforces when sending data from the client to the server, and back from the server to the client. The default value is 240 bytes per second, however, when there are problems with the internet traffic, the connection might be interrupted.
yaliang

Return to OJS Technical Support