OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Review request email round 2

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Review request email round 2

Postby sferrah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:15 am

Hello,

We have a problem with the 2nd round of reviewing process. When we click on the letter to make a review request, the request email is empty. There aren't a prepared email as the 1st round. What can we do to have, at the 2nd round of reviewing process, the review request email ?

We are using OJS 2.4.2.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

--
Samia Ferrah
sferrah

Re: Review request email round 2

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:37 am

HI Samia,

Depending on how your system is configured, the email template for subsequent review rounds will be called REVIEW_REQUEST_SUBSEQUENT, REVIEW_REQUEST_ATTACHED_SUBSEQUENT, or REVIEW_REQUEST_ONECLICK_SUBSEQUENT. If you don't see those templates in the Journal Manager's "Prepared Emails" interface, you can create them there; just make sure to enter the email keys exactly as above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby sferrah » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:03 am

Hi Alec,

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I have created a prepared email with the key REVIEW_REQUEST_SUBSEQUENT but it doesn't appear on the prepared email list. Then, i've created a prepared email with the key REVIEW_REQUEST_ONECLICK_SUBSEQUENT and it doesn't appear too. Moreover, when i now click on the letter to make a review request at the 2nd round, the email doesn't open.

Did I make a mistake ?

Best regards,

Samia
sferrah

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:03 am

Hi Samia,

Forgive a potentially obvious question, but are you sure you've checked all pages of the list? The list will change THESE_WORDS into "THESE WORDS" for readability. (And please confirm: did you create the email templates through the Journal Manager's interface, or elsewhere e.g. by editing the .xml files?)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby sferrah » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:59 am

Hi Alec,

Thank you for your answer.

I have checked all pages of the list and there isn't the two prepared email i have created through the Journal Manager's Interface.

Best regards,

Samia
sferrah

Postby sttis » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:12 am

Hi. We are having a similar issue (version 2.4.2), only with Round 1 requests. When we click on the email symbol, to send the REVIEW_REQUEST email, it doesn't load. The review screen just reloads. If you look at the article HISTORY, it indicates that a reviewer was assigned, but no email was sent.

If I navigate to: Journal Manager > Prepare emails > Page 4

Then click on the email next to REVIEW REQUEST, the email sends no problem. But I cannot get it to load or send from the REVIEW screen. Other emails such as REVIEW_REMIND can be sent ok from the REVIEW screen.

This only applies to one journal on our multiple journal install. It functions as expected for all the other titles. Any tips on where to look to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Suzy
sttis

Postby asmecher » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi Suzy,

Is the email marked disabled in the Journal Manager's "Prepared Journals" interface?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby sttis » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi Alec,

I don't think so. It just has the options: EDIT | DISABLE | RESET.

Perhaps we broke it when trying enable $authorName in the REVIEW REQUEST as per https://pkp-www.lib.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5348. Will take another look.

Cheers,
Suzy
sttis

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion