OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Share site administrator view

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Share site administrator view

Postby ictadmin » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi, I would like to ask for some help on our OJS it's still underdevelopment and i'm in charge of the design and development. First of all i'm not yet that familiar with the process of OJS, i'm sorry for that. So here's the problem i am the site administrator therefore i have the view of everything (eg. if someone submit articles and its currently in review etc) i have a visual of it all since im on ICT on our organization. I now registered my boss and assign him every role so he can see what i can see on OJS. And that's were the problem occurs my boss can't see the previous review's or the submission, only the submission, reviews etc. that have done when he was registered. So is there a way so he can see all the things that an administrator can see? Thanks on advance.
ictadmin

Re: Share site administrator view

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:55 am

Hi ictadmin,

Can you be more specific about which roles you've assigned in the system, and where they fall short of the abilities you need?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ictadmin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi asmecher,

Thanks for the reply. So i assigned my boss as the Journal Manager, Subscription Manager, Editor, Section Editor, Author and Reviewer. but he can't see the previous submissions of the authors and also the authors it self and also the articles in review before he was registered and assign all the role above. Is there a way i can share the privilege of an administrator without using my account or how can i make him also an administrator.
ictadmin

Postby ictadmin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:50 pm

ictadmin wrote:Hi asmecher,

Thanks for the reply. So i assigned my boss as the Journal Manager, Subscription Manager, Editor, Section Editor, Author and Reviewer. but he can't see the previous submissions of the authors and also the authors it self and also the articles in review before he was registered and assign all the role above. Is there a way i can share the privilege of an administrator without using my account or how can i make him also an administrator.

Hi, I've manage to make my boss as a site administrator by inserting journal_id = the same journal id , user_id = his user id and role_id to 0 on the database. he is now seeing the site administrator link when login. but the problem still accurs he can't see the previous submissions, review and the authors that was processed before he was registered. I also try to change the date of his registration, maybe when i set it to the date when i was registered he can see the reviews, authors, submission etc on the beginning of our OJS but no luck at all. I really need help on this one. thanks.
ictadmin

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:04 am

Hi ictadmin,

I don't think you've got the details of the additional site administration role correct -- see the FAQ.

The user's date of registration never affects what content they can see and what they can't; if you register that user as an Editor, they will be able to access all of the journal's content, regardless of whether they're assigned to it or not. You can add this assignment via the Journal Manager's interface; no need to go to the database.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ictadmin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi, I already understand you but sorry if i find this a bit confusing is it a bug or something error in my ojs. beacuase my boss really can't see the journal contents that i see. i attached here an image of what we are experiencing right now.
ojs.jpg
here's the image
ojs.jpg (42.74 KiB) Viewed 954 times
ictadmin

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi ictadmin,

That looks as it should; clicking Editor, Section Editor, Author, etc. will move you to that role's view of the system for the current user. As Editor, you can view all content. As Author, you can view only the content you've submitted. Your user account has submitted 4 articles as Author; your boss has submitted none. Both accounts can see all submitted content by going into the Editor role. I'd suggest reviewing some of the OJS documentation, such as OJS in an Hour, for better understanding of how the roles and queues work.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ictadmin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:50 am

Hi ascmencher,

Though i'm on the technical part of OJS i think i should also learn the workflow of OJS to better understand it. Thank you very much on your support, I should read OJS documentation first before asking in the forum. btw here's our beta site of OJS if you to take a peek.

http://steps.cpsctech.org/

Sincerly,

John Chavez
ictadmin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion