OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Import Users Error

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Import Users Error

Postby ojshelpatucalgary » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Our Press has been using OJS for its purposes for quite a while. We are now moving to OMP.
I have been attempting to export the users from OJS and import to OMP.
In all cases the form spins forever. I'm wondering whether this is a bug or not and what the solution might be.

This error shows up on the log:
Call to undefined method Role:: setRoleId() in var/www/omp/plugins/importexport/users/UserXMLParser.inc.php on line 164, referrer: http://136.159.200.88/omp/index.php/uof ... portPlugin

I've looked at the line in UserImportExportPlugin
Line 164 in that file contains this: $role->setRoleId(4roleDao->getRoleIdFrom Path(roleType));

- I've tried to import 'All" from OJS.
- Exporting only the Reviewers from OMP itself and then tried Import to see if it would accept its own data and clicked the option to “Continue to import users if a failure occurs.” No luck there either. Same error again.
- Exported only the Reviewers from OJS and importing them to OMP thinking that might work. Since the role is called Reviewers on both systems.
This time, the same error appeared again in the log file. So much for my hopeful assumption that the import would work because the Role name was the same
Thanks for your help!
ojshelpatucalgary

Re: Import Users Error

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi ojshelpatucalgary,

The simple -- but unfortunate -- answer is that the plugin doesn't work at the moment; it contains some broken role import code. I've filed this at http://pkp.sfu.ca:8086/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8463 for attention and will treat it as a priority.

If you'd like to work around this in the meantime, you'll most likely be able to do so by:
  • Using the user import plugin, with no roles specified, to import the user accounts themselves
  • Run a couple of DB queries to associate them with the user roles you want to grant them
This is especially true of you only want to import a single role. I can help with the SQL part of this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support