OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

architecture solution for link display

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

architecture solution for link display

Postby bollini » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:02 am

Hello,
in order to modify display of article links and make it consistent (both when they display as results of search/browse and when listed as volume index, either current or archival), I think useful created a specific function. In this way it can be changed once whenever it occurs. This solution may be useful also to improve subscribers management or for new developments.
The code line where you must insert the call at the function are:
search.php -> line from 673 to 721 and line from 782 to 830;
viewissue.php -> line from 179 to 259.
My solutions is available at:
http://www.aepic.it/docs/ojs/show_record.txt

Note: my solution displays, depending from the section's configuration, link to abstract or to abstract/full text. The full text links are displayed only if there are available and accessible for the specific user.
bollini

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion