OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Review dates - changing them and default dates

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

Review dates - changing them and default dates

Postby jpowell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:50 am

Is there a way to change a review date once the email request is sent out? Often a potential reviewer is willing to do a review if given more time so it is important to be able to adjust the date before a reminder goes out.
Also it would make more sense for the default dates appearing in the request to show an earlier date for the response request and a later date for the actual review rather than the other way around. I know you can change the dates in the calendars there but it would be great to be able to just go with the default dates. Could those dates be based on the settings as input in the publication settings?

Thanks,
Judy
jpowell

Re: Review dates - changing them and default dates

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Judy,

What do you have for Management > Settings > Workflow > Reviews? You should be able to set default numbers of weeks there for acceptance and the actual review itself.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jpowell » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:39 am

Hi Alec.
My review settings are 1 week for the review response and 5 weeks for the review completion. So for example, today I went to set up a review and the automatic review dates that came up were Dec. 4th for the response due date (5 weeks instead of 1 week) and November 27th (4 weeks instead of 5) for the due date for the actual review.
Thanks,
Judy
jpowell

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:46 am

Hi Judy,

Ah, found it -- the labels for those two fields in setup are actually reversed. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8464 for a patch to correct it. Note that the two times are considered distinct -- i.e. the time expected for the review should not include the weeks expected for the response -- so you would fill in 1 and 5 (respectively) if you think the review will take 4 weeks and the confirmation will take 1 week. Hope that makes sense.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby jpowell » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks Alec. Now what about the changing the review date part of my question? Is there a way (as there is in OJS) to change the due date after a request has gone out?
I can't seem to find a way to do that.
Cheers,
Judy
jpowell

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Judy,

Currently not, beyond editing it directly in the database -- but I've added a feature request at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8469.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OMP Discussion