OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Feature Request: EMails to user groups

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

Feature Request: EMails to user groups

Postby stefan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi,

As a press manager I would like to be able to send an email to all my series editors. Currently I use an email list for this purpose, but this is redundant. I have to maintain the email addresses at two places.

So the perfect world would be something that allows one to search in the users (as it is now) and display a certain subset of them. For instance all readers or all series editors and so on. And then a simple button "Email to selected users".

Best

Stefan
stefan

Re: Feature Request: EMails to user groups

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi Stefan,

I've added this as a feature request in Bugzilla -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8465. Is there a logical place in the interface where you'd expect to find this tool?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Feature Request: EMails to user groups

Postby stefan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:33 am

Hi,

Thanks this would be really helpful!

The functionality could be more general: You have a search option on your Users & Roles page. There could be the functionality "send email to all selected users". This could be readers, authors, series editors, users with the first name "Anna", ...

It could be placed in the users and roles area, but may be having a "communication" section that combines email with "announcements" would be even better.

Best

Stefan
stefan

Return to OMP Discussion