OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Author can't see session type when they view/edit submission

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Author can't see session type when they view/edit submission

Postby tshore » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:45 am

I posted this in the Technical Support forum quite some time ago. It never received a reply. I'm assuming that's because it isn't a technical problem, but rather a feature request. So I'm reposting here, just in case any active development of OCS is planned. And frankly, I consider this to be more of a bug report than a feature request. This is basic information that is required for authors, directors and conference managers, but is not available.

So if a director goes in to edit/view the details of a submission, they see the session type and they are able to change it. When an author goes in to look at/modify their submission, they can't see what session type they selected.

In fact, session type is missing in a number of places throughout the site:
    Papers report (this may have been added for the next release of OCS)
    Presentations page
    Presentation detail page (paper/view)
    Directors list of submissions (director/submissions/submissions{Unassigned-InReview-Accepted}
    Stats & Reports page
tshore

Re: Author can't see session type when they view/edit submis

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 am

Hi Trudy,

This has already been filed at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5286, but I'll include a link there that points to this specific list of requirements.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tshore » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks Alec. Any news on the possibility of a real OCS update?
tshore

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Trudy,

Nothing yet -- OCS won't receive a major burst of development attention until after OJS 3.0 is released. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/General_Software_Milestones for our current milestones.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Development