OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

New Developer

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

New Developer

Postby ameeralkateeb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:13 am

Hi every body ..

I am a developer with a good experience in PHP & smarty also I make few modification such as (sort, modify forms.. ) in OJS

now I want to develop a simple search (system or plugin I don't know what is it exactly ) that allow the only ( Editor ) level to search all articles and display a article info (article name, author and journal name )

my questions are :
1- how to develop a custom block which appear only in editor pages . any document or page will help me :?:
2- and how to show the result page.

many thanks .
ameeralkateeb

Re: New Developer

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 am

Hi ameeralkateeb,

Start by having a look at the OJS Technical Reference (available from the OJS Documentation page of the PKP website); we're happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ameeralkateeb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:38 am

THanks for your reply

I have a look on it .. I think all what I want is a simple thing, there is no example or direct tutorial about create a block ??
ameeralkateeb

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi ameeralkateeb,

For creating a sidebar block, the best resource is the existing set of plugins that do that -- see plugins/blocks for a number of them.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development