OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Press Setup Step 2- selecting Standard Review Process

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

Press Setup Step 2- selecting Standard Review Process

Postby jpowell » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 pm

The statement above the email for Request to Review says "This email from the Series Editor to a Reviewer requests that the reviewer accept or decline the task of reviewing a submission. It provides information about the submission such as the title and abstract, a review due date, and how to access the submission itself. This message is used when the Standard Review Process is selected in Press Setup, Step 2, and one-click reviewer access is enabled." However I cannot find a Step 2 per se in the Press settings. Where is the Standard Review Process selected?
Thanks,
Judy
jpowell

Re: Press Setup Step 2- selecting Standard Review Process

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:28 am

Hi Judy,

Thanks for pointing this out -- it's a hold-over from OJS. The equivalent setup page is in Management > Settings > Workflow > Review, but the settings there are different: one-click reviewer access is not yet implemented in OMP, and likewise the selection between "standard" and "attachment-based" review processes. If these are of particular interest, let us know and we'll prioritize accordingly. (See http://pkp.sfu.ca:8086/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8455 for the bug entry.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Press Setup Step 2- selecting Standard Review Process

Postby jpowell » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Alec. It is not high priority for us as the standard review process suits us. I was just wanting to refresh my memory on the differences between the approaches as well as the one-click alternative. When I came upon that statement I thought that I couldn't remember being given the choice in the settings and hence my question.
Thank you,
Judy
jpowell

Return to OMP Discussion