OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Building a bilingual OCS site

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Building a bilingual OCS site

Postby ihaladin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:53 am

Hi!

I'm preparing the OCS for a conference that is in Croatian and English language (http://www.grad.unizg.hr/cetra/). All submissions will be in English, but I need to have the site available both in Croatian and English. I managed to install the locale hr_HR and it is already translated to some point (when I make some significant further translations, I will post it so others can use it) and this part is working.
However, I'm not able to translate the content of the pages to Croatian. Most of the site are static pages created using "static pages" plugin, there is some general data (About the Conference) and the Announcements which are all showing up in English even when Croatian language is selected. I've been searching through the documentation and the comunity docs, but I haven't found the way to translate these parts of the web site. On the other hand, from some examples of the OCS implementations, I can see that this is possible... It could be that I'm missing something...

I would be most grateful if someone would point me to the right toppic to address my problem, or to explain the procedure of translating the content of the conference (Conference description, overview, announcements, copyright notice, ....) and plugins such as static pages (not the plugin itself, but the content of the pages).

Best regards,

Ivo
ihaladin

Re: Building a bilingual OCS site

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:54 am

Hi Ivo,

Again, my apologies for the extreme delay in responding -- your message was caught in a moderation queue we don't generally use.

The static pages plugin is not currently multilingual-capable; however, the other fields you mention should be. What version of OCS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support