OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki



Text justification

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Text justification

Postby abhiram » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:54 am

Hi,

I wants to justify the text found in the home page , about the journal , and in the abstract of each article. I mean right justification of text data

Thanks and Regards
Abhiram .H
abhiram
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:31 am
Location: India

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:21 am

Hi Abhiram,

The easiest way to do this is probably to modify a few template files and introduce a new style or two. For example, to right-justify article abstracts, change the following line in templates/article/article.tpl from:
Code: Select all
<div>{$article->getArticleAbstract()|strip_unsafe_html|nl2br}</div>
...to...
Code: Select all
<div class="abstract">{$article->getArticleAbstract()|strip_unsafe_html|nl2br}</div>
Then define a style called div.abstract, aligned right, and upload it as part of a journal stylesheet on Journal Setup, page 5.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher
 
Posts: 9050
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm

Postby abhiram » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:10 am

Hi Alec,

I made the necessary changes u suggested to me on that article.tpl file, but i cant
upload that file as a style sheet , for this it requires a CSS file . how can I upload the modified file.

Thanks and Regards
Abhiram .H



asmecher wrote:Hi Abhiram,

The easiest way to do this is probably to modify a few template files and introduce a new style or two. For example, to right-justify article abstracts, change the following line in templates/article/article.tpl from:
Code: Select all
<div>{$article->getArticleAbstract()|strip_unsafe_html|nl2br}</div>
...to...
Code: Select all
<div class="abstract">{$article->getArticleAbstract()|strip_unsafe_html|nl2br}</div>
Then define a style called div.abstract, aligned right, and upload it as part of a journal stylesheet on Journal Setup, page 5.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
abhiram
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:31 am
Location: India

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:05 am

Hi Abhiram,

You can't upload the template file via OJS -- you'll need to use FTP or SSH or something similar. What I meant when I referred to the stylesheet change was that you also need to add a style to OJS's set of stylesheets to actually align the text using the style named in the modified template.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher
 
Posts: 9050
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm

Postby abhiram » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:28 am

Hi Alec,
I didnt get u. Currently i made necessary changes to that article.tpl file. There is a set of CSS files in the /var/www/html/ojs4/styles directory . You want me to copy that article.tpl file to this styles directory. I would like to get a detailed reply on this matter.

Looking Forward ur reply

Thanks and Regards
Abhiram .H





asmecher wrote:Hi Abhiram,

You can't upload the template file via OJS -- you'll need to use FTP or SSH or something similar. What I meant when I referred to the stylesheet change was that you also need to add a style to OJS's set of stylesheets to actually align the text using the style named in the modified template.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
abhiram
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:31 am
Location: India

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:04 am

Hi Abhiram,

Sorry, my response wasn't terribly clear. There are two steps you need to perform:
  • Modify the template file. It sounds like you've done this.
  • Create a stylesheet to modify the appearance of the new style. On your hard disk, create a file like this:
    Code: Select all
    div.abstract {
            text-align: right;
    }
    Upload this CSS file in Journal Setup, page 5, as a journal stylesheet. (If you already have one, of course, you'll need to use it as a basis instead and add the above style.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher
 
Posts: 9050
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm

Postby abhiram » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:57 pm

Hi Alec ,

I just change that template file but how can i prepare CSS file using this code
[code]div.abstract {
text-align: right;
}
Looking forward ur reply

Regards
Abhiram .H


asmecher wrote:Hi Abhiram,

Sorry, my response wasn't terribly clear. There are two steps you need to perform:
  • Modify the template file. It sounds like you've done this.
  • Create a stylesheet to modify the appearance of the new style. On your hard disk, create a file like this:[code]div.abstract {
    text-align: right;
    }[/code]Upload this CSS file in Journal Setup, page 5, as a journal stylesheet. (If you already have one, of course, you'll need to use it as a basis instead and add the above style.)
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
abhiram
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:31 am
Location: India

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:44 am

Hi Abhiram,

Use a text editor like Notepad. You can either save those lines of code into a file called something.css, for example, and upload that file into Journal Setup page 5, or you can add those lines into styles/common.css in the OJS installation directory.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher
 
Posts: 9050
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm


Return to OJS Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests