You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Scheduling past or future editions beyond the 2 years limit

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Scheduling past or future editions beyond the 2 years limit

Postby cristianducu » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi to everyone! I am quite new to OCS, but I have experience in webdesign. I have been trying to create past and future editions for a conference hosted on my local OCS, but the date system doesn't let you set beyond the 2 years limit in the past or in the future. Is there any way to bypass this limitation? My conference is annual and I want to introduce all editions, from 2008 to 2019. Is it possible at this moment? Should I use a certain patch or rewrite a code section?

Re: Scheduling past or future editions beyond the 2 years li

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:43 am

Hi all,

The quickest way around this is to modify the template that includes the date chooser and use the start_year and end_year attributes to extend the date range. The relevant templates are...
  • templates/registration
    /registrationForm.tpl for the registration form
  • templates/registration/registrations.tpl for the manager's registration list
  • templates/registration/registrationOptionForm.tpl for the manager's registration option form
  • templates/registration/registrationTypeForm.tpl for the manager's registration type form
  • templates/manager/schedConfSetup/step3.tpl for step 3 of scheduled conference setup
  • templates/manager/timelineEdit.tpl for the conference timeline form
  • templates/manager/scheduler/scheduleForm.tpl for the scheduler
  • templates/manager/scheduler/specialEventForm.tpl for the scheduler's special event form
  • templates/search/advancedSearch.tpl for the advanced search form
For each of these, you'll see Smarty date chooser tags like...
Code: Select all
{html_select_date prefix="startDate" time=$startDate all_extra="class=\"selectMenu\"" start_year=$firstYear end_year=$lastYear}
In this case the start_year and end_year are already specified. You can change them e.g. to...
Code: Select all
{html_select_date prefix="startDate" time=$startDate all_extra="class=\"selectMenu\"" start_year=1900 end_year=2100}
There may be several html_select_date functions on the same page, so make sure you're looking at the right one.

Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Return to OCS Development