OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Mail not sending

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Mail not sending

Postby craigv » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:43 am

When I preview a mail and try and send it does not send instead gives error message
"
Failed to send notification email to craig@networknemesis.com.au (Craig)

Notification email sent. "

Checked the sendmail logs it does not get there

I am using Mandrake 9.1, php 4.3.7, mysql 4.0.11a

Any ideas?
cheers
Craig
craigv

Re: Mail not sending

Postby Gilbert » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:49 pm

I had the same problem. After editing the "View/Edit Conference Directors and Contacts List" and adding a valid email-address for the principal contact (this is the "send from" address-field), everything worked fine.

greetings,
Gilbert

craigv wrote:When I preview a mail and try and send it does not send instead gives error message
"
Failed to send notification email to craig@networknemesis.com.au (Craig)

Notification email sent. "

Checked the sendmail logs it does not get there

I am using Mandrake 9.1, php 4.3.7, mysql 4.0.11a

Any ideas?
cheers
Craig
Gilbert

E-mail Notification Problem

Postby Kuan Tan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:15 pm

Hello all,

I am faced with an almost similar problem. I sent notification emails to the reviewers, and a screen popped up with this message.

"Send Notification Email to Reviewers

Notification email sent."

However, my reviewers did not receive the e-mail. Can I know how OCS sends the emails? If I want it to send notification emails through my own email address, how do I configure it to do so?

My server uses:
Fedora Core 4
PHP 4.3.11
Apache 2.0

Thanks in advance.
Kuan Tan

Postby asmecher » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi Kuan Tan,

OCS uses PHP's mail(...) function (see http://ca.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php for information on configuring and using this function). By default, mail(...) sends mail via the local mail transfer agent (e.g. /usr/bin/sendmail) or, on Windows, the local SMTP server.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Mail not sending only in the Registration page

Postby marcos » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:27 pm

OCS (1.1.6 with the 2 patches @ PHP5) appears to be able to send emails in all other pages, except in the registration.php. So, I don't think is a PHP mail problem. When the user press Register, the following message appears:

Failed to send notification email to mduartex@gmail.com
Thank you for registering, your submission has been received.

I'd be glad if you can help me.
Thanks
marcos

Re: Mail not sending only in the Registration page

Postby marcos » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:03 am

One simple solution for the "Failed to send notification email to ..." problem is that the email address for the principal contact in the "View/Edit Conference Directors and Contacts List" has to have the same domain as your conference.
I am running OCS in PHP5 and this fixed the problem.

marcos wrote:OCS (1.1.6 with the 2 patches @ PHP5) appears to be able to send emails in all other pages, except in the registration.php. So, I don't think is a PHP mail problem. When the user press Register, the following message appears:

Failed to send notification email to mduartex@gmail.com
Thank you for registering, your submission has been received.

I'd be glad if you can help me.
Thanks
marcos

Return to OCS Technical Support