OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Review Form To Author

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Review Form To Author

Postby bar338 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:28 am

I've found a couple threads on the subject but nothing that helps me out much:
One such thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4456

Problem: I have a custom review form which contains multiple questions which are then rated on a scale of poor to excellent. I then have two text areas at the bottom of the form, one is intended for the author and the other for the editor. I'm having trouble finding a way of getting the author comments (from the reviewer) to the author without extensive editor involvement.

Current Solution: Reviewer can upload a document which the editor can then allow the author to see. The problem with this is that in many cases it would be much easier for the reviewer to add the comments as they are filling out the review form (combine all the processes into one).

Another Solution: Editor can copy the comments and email them to the author. However, the copy feature does not work in the textbox so that causes a huge problem and on top of it, this is too much work for the editor when it could be automated.

A couple potential solutions to the problem:

+When creating form elements be able to define permissions for each element. In other words have a series of checkboxes for who can view the submitted form element (author, editor, etc).
+Design Form elements specifically for the purpose, ie a form element called editor response and a form element called author response. Then handle the submission like when a reviewer uploads a file. After it is submitted the editor can click a button to allow the author to see the comments.

Has anyone come across this issue? were you able to find a solution (either create a solution or find an existing solution)?
bar338

Re: Review Form To Author

Postby bar338 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:08 am

any standard solutions to this problem? or am i going to have to dive into the code and find a solution myself?
bar338

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi bar338,

If you are using OJS' Custom Review Forms option and OJS 2.2.3, you can import custom peer reviews into you author notification emails by using the Import Peer Review button. You can then edit the imported review (take out unnecessary/private text, etc.). If I'm missing something , please let me know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby alexukua » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi

How to add Review Form To Author ?
alexukua

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:33 am

Hi alexukua,

Editors have to assign custom review forms just after they assign the reviewer, from their Submission Review page.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Garant » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:34 am

Hello!
I don't want to create another thread so I will post my question here.
We have created a Review Form and is there a possibility to send form's data(answers) to author?
In that case if blind review is selected from whom email will be sent to author? I hope not from a reviewer?
Thank you!
Garant

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:32 am

Hi Garant,

You can use the same process as usual to send review to authors -- as Editor, compose an email to the Author using the tool at the end of the Review section; then use the "Import Peer Reviews" button to bring in form responses.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Garant » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:37 am

Hi, Alec!
Thank you very much!
Garant

Return to OJS Technical Support