OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

From in Editing to Archive

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

From in Editing to Archive

Postby patrikzapata » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:12 am

Hi

I have used the QuickSubmit Plugin to publish articles. However, the authors have submitted in OJS, and we have assigned editor there too, but that's all we have used the system to. Now the result is a long list of articles that are in review, but they are in fact published. We would like to start using OJS for the whole publishing process and need to get our system together. Is there any way to move the articles from the status "in review" to "Archive"?

I find the option "Reject and archive", it'll work, but that'll mess up the lists. Also, I have found that if I record the article as accepted and the proofs to complete, the article is moved to "In editing", a bit closer to archived but yet not there.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Patrik Zapata
patrikzapata

Re: From in Editing to Archive

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Patrik,

What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby patrikzapata » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:14 pm

patrikzapata

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Patrik,

A few things to check:
  • What is the value of the "status" column for those entries in the "articles" table?
  • Were you scheduling them against a published issue, or an issue that was yet to be published?
  • Were you uploading a galley file (e.g. a PDF) at the time you were doing the QuickSubmit process?
Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby patrikzapata » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:20 pm

asmecher wrote:Hi Patrik,

A few things to check:
  • What is the value of the "status" column for those entries in the "articles" table?
  • Were you scheduling them against a published issue, or an issue that was yet to be published?
  • Were you uploading a galley file (e.g. a PDF) at the time you were doing the QuickSubmit process?
Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Hi
- in the list called 'Archive' [Home > User > Editor > Submissions > Archives], their status is a published issue - that what you meant?
- I'd say both, but mainly to an issue yet to be published
- yes
patrikzapata

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi Patrik,

For the first question, could you check the status in the database?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby patrikzapata » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:35 pm

How do I do that?
patrikzapata

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi Patrik,

You'll need to get access to the database -- the details will depend on your server. If you have phpMyAdmin, use that; it's the easiest way. (Most shared hosts offer it or another similar web front-end to MySQL.) Once in, run...
Code: Select all
SELECT status FROM articles WHERE article_id=123;
...where 123 is the ID of the article you want to inspect. You should get a number back.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby patrikzapata » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Ah, ok, get it. Have to ask the database administrator at the uni. Will do and get back.

Thanks so far!
patrikzapata

Postby angevent » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:49 am

Dear Alec,

my problem is similar: when I schedule an article for publication in a Future Issue, its status is EDITING until the date of publication.

Is it possible to have it in ARCHIVES?

Thank you,
Angelo
angevent

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:20 am

Hi Angelo,

That is by design; the issue's publication is what triggers the move into the Archives. Until then, it is still considered an active submission in the workflow.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion