I try to be specific according on my knowledge. This is all I have done:
- First I should mention that I don't have the problem on my localhost, so definitely it is referred to server's configuration.
- I copied the OJS 2.4.2 on server.
- I made the mentioned folders (chache,...) rewritable from the ftp panel.
- I viewed the installation page and I configured the settings as I have done on my local system. Tried to keep default as it has been mentioned in the installation.
- When I wanted to login the the duplicate error came out.
- With init_set command, I made all the corrections that you told (e.g., auto_start, ...). I copied the setting in the forum.
- When I didn't get any response, I changed the session_id in the session table to INT. Now it works but with some problems. Whenever I try login with a new browser (without cache) the problem "DB Error: Duplicate entry 0 for key 'sessions_pkey'" comes, and if I refresh it goes the related page. This happens for each user login.
- I also added the line in the patch to session_manager.php, but it didn't work too.
Hope I clarified the situation.
Thanks in advance for your help,