OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Newbie: Articles not being made open access when specified

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Newbie: Articles not being made open access when specified

Postby rmchugh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:15 am

Hi,

Apologies for the vague problem formulation, but I am new to OJS and don't really know how to start debugging this issue.

A journal that uses our system has complained that 12 months after they published their journal, it has not been made open access (12 months being the amount of time they specified). Now, they moved over from our staging environment to our production environment in the middle of this period, so I'm pretty confident that this is a once off error, due to data migration, however, for good order's sake, I would like to have a look in the database and see what's going on.

Unfortunately, I'm completely new to OJS and don't know where to begin with this. How is this private period and its expiration modelled in the db? Which models interact with this data? Any help would be much appreciated. We are on OJS 2.3.8.
rmchugh

Re: Newbie: Articles not being made open access when specifi

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:16 am

Hi rmchugh,

Start by logging in as Editor and looking at the Back Issues list. Find your problem issue, edit it, look at the Issue Data page. There's an Open Access date there that may be set incorrectly.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Newbie: Articles not being made open access when specifi

Postby rmchugh » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:45 am

Thanks Alex, I'll send that on.
rmchugh

Return to OJS Technical Support