OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Exception

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Exception

Postby jainshailu » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi,

We are getting following error for all the journals hosted on OJS system.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/innowar1/public_html/journals/cache/fc-journalSettings-11.php on line 276

I tried to upgrade the system but there also I am not able to proceed for installation as it says,

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/innowar1/public_html/journals/cache/t_compile/%%7D^7DC^7DC17B21%%install.tpl.php on line 3

It looks like some configuration or libraries issue. Please help asap.

Thanks,
Innovare team
jainshailu

Re: Exception

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:52 am

Hi jainshailu,

Those files are generated automatically and it's rare that bad things happen to them. Can you post the contents of one of the smaller ones that is having a problem? What version of PHP are you running?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby jainshailu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks Jason.
You are absolutely right, these are generated files & I too don't any possibility of all of anything going wrong there. System was running fine & all of sudden problem happened.
I suspect some settings are changed by hosting company but not sure what? Here are the php version details.

We are using Native version of php. Looking for earliest possible help, our production system is at halt.

Thanks,
Innovare team
jainshailu

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:40 am

Hi jainshailu,

Perhaps I misread your post -- I don't see PHP version information?

can you paste the contents of one of those corrupt files?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby jainshailu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks for the prompt response. I am sorry about not providing right information. Here you go,

Error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/innowar1/public_html/journals/cache/t_compile/%%7D^7DC^7DC17B21%%install.tpl.php on line 3

Corresponding file:
<?php /* Smarty version 2.6.26, created on 2013-08-27 08:01:43
compiled from install/install.tpl */ ?>
<?php echo '; ?><?php $this->assign('pageTitle', "installer.ojsInstallation"); ?><?php echo '; ?><?php $_smarty_tpl_vars = $this->_tpl_vars;
$this->_smarty_include(array('smarty_include_tpl_file' => "core:install/install.tpl", 'smarty_include_vars' => array()));
$this->_tpl_vars = $_smarty_tpl_vars;
unset($_smarty_tpl_vars);
?><?php echo '; ?>

I am giving PHP information in a while.
jainshailu

Postby jainshailu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:53 am

PHP version is 5.3.27

Thanks in advance.
jainshailu

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:02 pm

I see the problem. I bet that if you look in your compiled templates, you'll see more of those echo statements:

Code: Select all
<?php echo '; ?>

Those shouldn't be there. Can you ask your hosting provider and see if anything has changed recently?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby jainshailu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks so much for your time Jason. I am checking with hosting company. I will revert again if I need any further help.

Thanks again.
jainshailu

Postby hamsavijay » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

jainshailu:
With an effort to do a clean install of OJS 2.4.2 on a different subdirectory on the same shared server as our current journal is hosted, I get the same error. Please share the information if you have resolved this error. Our server uses 5.3.17 and MySQL 5.x.x

Thanks
Priya
hamsavijay

Return to OJS Technical Support