OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

delete incomplete submission by author

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

delete incomplete submission by author

Postby domenico » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:53 am

Hi,
I've searched in documentation and this forum but with no luck. I've installed OCS 2.3.5 and I can't find how to delete incomplete submission. I've tried with author account who (partially) submitted the paper. With director account I'm able to archive then delete the submission, but I can't find any entry about incomplete submissio....any suggets?

Thank you
Domenico
domenico

Re: delete incomplete submission by author

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Domenico,

Incomplete submissions should have a "Delete" link beside their entry in the author's Active list.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby domenico » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 am

Dear Alec,

thank you about your answer. In the author active submission page I cannot see any "delete" link. I've attached the page screenshot. Maybe there is an option in the conference configuration to activate delete link?

Thank you
Attachments
2013-09-10_102648.png
2013-09-10_102648.png (9.59 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
domenico

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:06 am

Hi domenico,

The author's "delete" function is only available for submissions that are incomplete, i.e. have not been fully submitted to the Editor. Once they've been submitted to the Editor, only Editors can delete them; in order to do that, this procedure applies.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby domenico » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:28 am

Thank you again alec, but my problem is to delete an incomplete submission by the autor. The submission #42 is incomplete (AWAITING UPLOAD) but I can't find the "delete" link in the active submission page. I've attached the same screensht in english.
Attachments
2013-09-10_202542.jpg
2013-09-10_202542.jpg (36.55 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
domenico

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi Domenico,

Ah, I understand. There's currently a brief window during which submissions cannot be deleted -- and that submission is in it. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8419 for a bug entry. The best work-around in the meantime would be to complete the file upload, then archive and delete the submission as Director.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby domenico » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:11 am

Thank you Alec.
Is there any other way to delete it? I've a lot of incomplete submission...maybe using some sql query?

thank you
Domenico
domenico

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:07 am

Hi Domenico,

There are lots of dependent entities that you'd have to delete by SQL -- so the best way is to complete the submissions via SQL, then delete them via the web interface:
Code: Select all
UPDATE papers SET submission_progress=0 WHERE paper_id=123
Regards,
Alec Smecher Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion