OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems sending prepared emails

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problems sending prepared emails

Postby jamglas » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:22 pm

I have a problem I have not come across before, I am having trouble sending requests for review using OJS - this is the message I get when it fails:

There was an error sending this email. Please check your PHP error log for more information.

Can anyone help ? :oops:
jamglas

Re: Problems sending prepared emails

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi jamglas,

Forgive me for asking the obvious question -- but have you checked your PHP error log for more information?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jamglas » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks Alec,

I have never had to do that - where do I find it?
jamglas

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:50 am

Hi jamglas,

That's dependent on your server configuration and e.g. whether you're on a shared host. If you're on a shared host, they should have documentation about this in their knowledge base; if it's e.g. a university server, you may need to ask your administrator. If it's your own server, then it'll probably be somewhere in /var/log (for *NIX servers).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jamglas » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Thank you for the reply, the journal I edit is on a university server So, guess I need to contact them. I hope this is nothing serious as I have a pile of correspondence with authors and reviewers waiting.
jamglas

Postby jamglas » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:32 am

Now sorted it appears, thanks for replies... :D
jamglas

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion