OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Supplementary Files

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Supplementary Files

Postby fazio » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:37 am

Hello
i'm here again
I got a couple of questions about supplmentary files and submission process:
1)I found that you can attach a Supplementary file to a published article, is this a bug?
2)Authors are allowed to upload files to editor (fro reviewing step) even the publishing process is in editing or further already published.
i think it sould be impossible for an author to change files when the publishing process is over.
3)finally, there's a way to put a flag on supplementary files that're not going to be published? i mean that if i need a supplementary file for publishing process which i don't want to publish, i have to delete it before publishing the article.

Thanx for everyday support

Riccardo
fazio

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:39 pm

Hi Riccardo,

The Supplementary Files feature is intended for data sets and appendices to articles, and are presented to reviewers and readers alike; the behavior you describe is by design. If you'd like to include some parts of an article for consideration by reviewers but not for readers, I'd suggest including it in the Review Version document.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby fazio » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:52 am

Hi alec,

thank you for answering, but i think i did not explained welll my problem.
If you don't upload a supplementary file, in the review version you have to attach it out of the system, as email attach or something else.(am i right?)
Do you think that ,adding a flag in journal setup for publishing (or not) a supp file and a flag in every supp file for public access, could keep original design?

Thank you for support

Riccardo
fazio

Return to OJS Development