OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[Beginner] Is there a way to export harvested records

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Re: [Beginner] Is there a way to export harvested records

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:44 am

Hi Diego,

To accomplish this, I'd suggest registering the same repository twice and harvesting a different set with each. You may have to relax the check to ensure that archive are unique; that's implemented in plugins/harvesters/oai/OAIHarvesterPlugin.inc.php in the "addArchiveFormChecks" function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby diegospano » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:24 am

Thanks Alex. Seems to be a simple workaround, but very tedious when you have more that 10 sets to be harvested. I´m not a php developer, but can you tell me if the following is possible:

If I run the command "php harvest.php 2 set=com_10469_900 skipExistingEntries", would it be possible to add a new field to Records table, ie. "set" and saving the value that was passed through the command line?. In which file is located the query "insert into records values ....."?. Perhaps I can do a little modification to my ohs installation and solve the problem. Can you give me some info?

Thanks

Diego
diegospano

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi Diego,

This won't be trivial -- OHS abstracts harvester protocols (in plugins/harvesters) and metadata formats (in plugins/schemas) into plugins, and performance concerns result in a data model that will probably seem unintuitive. However, the "INSERT INTO records" statement can be found in classes/record/RecordDAO.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Previous

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development