OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Upload issues

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Upload issues

Postby kellner » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:55 am

The following problems occur when an article is submitted:

The file gets uploaded ok. In the final step of submission ("save ..."), however, I get errors of the type "duplicate entry ... for key 2".

I was able to determine that this has to do with the index article_file_article_id on the table "article_files": when I remove the index, the error goes away.

Before removing the index, I had tried to manually change the article file's article_id to a different number (say, 20). Then the submission could also be completed without the error message.

A further problem, or weird thing: All submissions show up twice in the submissions list after they were submitted. However, I just closed the Browser window and opened the site again, and the number of submissions was correct.

This is OJS 2.1, revision 0, build 1.

MySQL 4.1.10a, with all charsets set to utf8, php 5.0.5.
kellner

Postby asmecher » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:14 am

Hi Kellner,

Strange; what is the value of your memory_limit in php.ini? Sometimes if it's set too low, PHP or Apache attempts to excute actions twice. 8M is the default, but OJS requires 12M or 16M.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby kellner » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:25 am

The memory limit is set to 20M, so this can't be the reason, I guess.
kellner

Postby asmecher » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi Kellner,

Have you considered upgrading to the current release of OJS? I haven't encountered the situation you describe, so upgrading may not correct the problem, but it would be easier to debug if you were using the most recent release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby kellner » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:31 pm

Being short on time at the moment, I was hoping to delay all sorts of upgrades a bit further, but if it's helpful, I'll do it sooner rather than later and let you know what happens. Thanks,
kellner

Postby yaliang » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:08 am

Dear Alec and friends:

Excuse me, I got two problems with the submission file uploaded by the author.
    First, if the author forgot to upload his/her paper during the submission process, how to solve this problem by the Journal Manager or Editor?
    Second, if the author uploaded his/her paper as supplementary file (in step 4), not the submission file (in step 3), how to solve this error?

Please give me your comments. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby kstranac » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:24 am

Hi Yaliang,

The best solution would be to ask the author to resubmit with the correct files, and delete the incorrect submission record. If you have a copy of the submission file, however, you could log yourself in as the Journal Manager, and then, from the list of users, login as the author, and do the resubmission for them.

Kevin Stranack
PKP Support
kstranac
Site Admin

Postby yaliang » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:35 am

Dear Kevin:

Yes, the problems were temporarily solved with resubmission. But I think these kinds of error might frequently happen in the future. If the Journal Manger can edit or reupload the file, it might save a lot of time and effort.
Could you add this function in the next release of OJS?

Best Regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby kellner » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:07 am

Can you not already do this by declaring yourself, the editor, also as an author? When we switched to OJS and imported older submissions into our system, I submitted them myself and then in the process deleted myself from the author list and added the real author(s) instead.
kellner

Return to OJS Technical Support