OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Updating TinyMCE

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Updating TinyMCE

Postby Celuloide » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi!
I am trying to update TinyMCE. I've downloaded the lastest release from the website (TinyMCE 4.0.5) and unzipped it but I am not sure where files should be located exactly. Trying at local server, it is supposed files should be at lib/pkp/lib/tinymce, but replacing content for new files and data cache cleared, system says TinyMCE currently is not installed...

Also there are several others paths where I see TinyMCE files from the old installation, like:
- lib/tinymce
- plugins/generic/tinymce

In adittion, the system try to load images from the old path in local server (ojs224/lib/pkp/lib/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/jbimages/dialog.htm). The correct path should be ojs/lib/pkp/lib/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/jbimages/dialog.htm and provisionally we had had to create the path outside the system folder to have the images back.

I try to solve this all with an update, but I should be doing something wrong. Can you explain me the update process for "dummies" please?

Thanks in advance!

OJS 2.4.2
PHP 5.4
http://www.icono14.net

Celuloide
Celuloide

Re: Updating TinyMCE

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi Celuloide,

The lib/tinymce directory is old and shouldn't still be present.

The plugins/generic/tinymce directory contains the plugin that integrates TinyMCE with OJS. It takes care of adapting TinyMCE to OJS's requirements.

TinyMCE itself should be installed into lib/pkp/lib/tinymce.

I suspect the problem is that you're going from 3.x (what's included with OJS) to 4.x; I'm not sure how much they've changed the structure from 3.x but it's likely that you'll have to edit the OJS TinyMCE plugin to suit the new version of TinyMCE. Take a look at the Javascript code in that plugin that's used to embed the editor, and compare it against the sample code available from the TinyMCE website. I suspect the changes will not be enormous.

Alternately, if the newest 3.x suits your requirements, it'll be easier to upgrade to that rather than the 4.x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support