Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.
Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:
1. Search the forum
. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page
or from our Google Custom Search
, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend
searching the forum for said error.
2. Check the FAQ
to see if your question or error has already been resolved.
3. Post a question
, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion
subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development
Hello- I need to batch upload back issues of a journal where the articles are encoded in TEI-XML and as PDF. I am able to use the Articles & Issues XML plugin to successfully import all of this.
Once the XML articles are in OJS, I would like them to display as XHTML. I made a simple XSL file that produces valid XHTML output and uploaded it to the XML Galley plugin. In testing, I was able to get the desired XHTML output for an XML galley that I pushed through the editorial process.
My next test is where I ran into the problem. Once my XSL was in the plugin, I tried batch uploading a couple of articles with XML galleys. They uploaded, but they do not display as XHTML. Instead, the browser downloads them as .txt files. I am using the application/xml mime type. I have encountered the same behavior when using the QuickSubmit plugin, so maybe it's the XML galley plugin giving me trouble? Is there any way to make this work?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:25 am
The XML galley plugin doesn't play all that well with the import/export plugin -- XML galleys have an additional table in the database (called article_xml_galleys) that the XML import does not populate. The easiest thing to do is probably to import the articles, then manually add the article_xml_galleys entries to go with them.
Public Knowledge Project Team
- Posts: 9211
- Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm
I'm just following up on this issue (I work with the original poster.) We have discovered that everything works perfectly fine, with no database mangling necessary, as long as the MIME type for the imported files is specified as "text/xml", and not "application/xml". If this is the case, the two plugins work just fine together. We had been specifying '"application/xml", and this was causing the problems.
- Jim Halliday
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 am
Return to OJS Technical Support
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests