OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

install ojs modified[Sloved]

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

install ojs modified[Sloved]

Postby cristianviza » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:53 am

Hello everybody

I have a several change in my ojs, now I need to move this "ojs modified" to another computer's, but I don't want install "ojs original" on another computer and paste the changes one by one.I want to take the copy to modify and install.
What changes I need can in install.php to do that? it is necessary some change or is sufifiente on change config.inc.php ->
; Set this to On once the system has been installed
; (This is generally done automatically by the installer)
installed = Off
?.
Note: I modify only file present in the original distribution ojs, I don't add any file adittional.

Regards Cristian
Last edited by cristianviza on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
cristianviza

Re: install ojs modified

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 am

Hi Cristian,

Moving an install is just like performing a backup and restore, but with each performed on a different server. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/quickreference/quickreference.pdf for instructions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby cristianviza » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:51 am

Hello Asmecher.

I read http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/quickrefer ... erence.pdf for instructions, and this solucion working, however I want to get out in display "installation screen", I change config.inc.php -> installed = Off , but that is not enough.
where else do I have to change for me to leave the installation as if it had lowered the zip from page ?

Regards Cristian.
cristianviza

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:06 am

Hi Cristian,

I'm not sure I understand -- on your new system, is the system always displaying the installation page? Or is it not, and you would like it to?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby cristianviza » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Hello asmecher.
I Explain , I made ​​several changes to the ojs to get off the page , add visual changes , and menu and other various things . That ojs zip down the page , it decompressed in my folder / var / www / ojs . after that between the browser and install it normally. Now , I want my version to finish editing do the same as you are off the official website . I want to put my version in a zip , unzip it and then appears they installation window during installation and will create the database, in the same way it does the zip that is downloaded from the website .
I made a zip with my modified version and change the config.inc.php file property  installed=on for installed = off  me display appears the installation but when I unzip the zip file on the machine  i want  see to install screen but not appear installation screen so I wonder what else I would fail to make me change out installation screen as if it had appeared zip ojs lowered the official website.
Regards cristian
cristianviza

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi Cristian,

I suspect you're running into file permissions problems. What do you see instead of the installation screen -- is it a blank page?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Re: install ojs modified[Slove]

Postby cristianviza » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 am

Hello asmecher. Yes . It was a blank page, I could fix it. I had a permissions problems. :)

Thanks Cristian.
cristianviza

Return to OJS Development