OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

CrossRef XML file generating empty issue DOI element

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

CrossRef XML file generating empty issue DOI element

Postby eblwelch » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:09 am

Hi,
While getting started moving our journal to OJS we encountered a problem exporting CrossRef XML data for assigned DOIs. Background: we publish one volume per year (no issues). Problem: the CrosRef export XML file includes is a blank DOI data element for the issue, causing CrossRef to reject the entire submission because no empty elements are allowed. I suspect there is some journal configuration setting in OJS that is causing the error, but nothing I've tried solves the problem.
Has anyone else encountered or solved this problem?
Thanks,
James
eblwelch

Re: CrossRef XML file generating empty issue DOI element

Postby swing » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:53 am

Hi James,

Oh, sorry :-((( I think an if statement is missing in the code, to ensure that there is an issue DOI to generate the XML element.
I will correct it and send you a link to the patch.

Best,
Bozana
swing

Re: CrossRef XML file generating empty issue DOI element

Postby swing » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:45 am

Hi James,

here is the Bugzilla entry, where you can also find the patch: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8412

Best,
Bozana
swing

Return to OJS Technical Support