OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

db upgrade 2.1.0 to 2.1.1

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

db upgrade 2.1.0 to 2.1.1

Postby kellner » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:15 am

Hello,

I just tried to upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1, doing a full package upgrade. The script stuff seems to have worked fine, but I'm having troubles with a DB upgrade, running php upgrade.php upgrade from the /tools directory.

This is the error message:

PHP Warning: Module 'gd' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Module 'iconv' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[load: upgrade.xml]
[version: 2.1.1.9]
[schema: ojs_schema.xml]

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Duplicate entry 'birgit.kellner@univie.ac.at' for key 3

Since I started to upgrade because I got duplicate key entries on file uploads, I must say I find this quite ironic :-)
kellner

Postby kellner » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:18 am

Sorry, I guess I know what's wrong: I had to disable the unique constraint on the email field in the users table in the earlier version, and I suppose the upgrade attempts to reinforce it and now has problems with duplicate e-mail-addresses.

Could you let me know where I can find the SQL code so as to change it accordingly?
kellner

Return to OJS Technical Support