OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

cannot create new subscriptin type (missing buttons)

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

cannot create new subscriptin type (missing buttons)

Postby whitehorse » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:17 am

I'm fairly new to OJS and have a problem with creating new subscription types.

We have two sub types already set up (Institutional and Individual) and now I want to set up two additional types for authors and editorial board (i.e. gratis, one for the year, one indefinitely).

The simple problem is that although the form for creating a new subscription type is there, it is missing the Save/Save and Create Another/Cancel buttons that appear in the userguide and I guess must also have appeared when we set up the initial two types. (screenshot attached as file)

Any suggestions? I've tried going in both as journal manager and subscription manager... Perhaps I am missing something obvious, or perhaps something has gone wrong (though everything else appears to be working fine) with our installation (currently running 2.3.8.0, and yes, we do intend to upgrade before long).

Many thanks for advice.
Attachments
subtype.png
screenshot
subtype.png (94.6 KiB) Viewed 713 times
whitehorse

Re: cannot create new subscriptin type (missing buttons)

Postby michael » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi whitehorse,

Can you confirm that the Save and Cancel button are visible on other forms and management pages, e.g. Journal Setup?

Have you recently changed your journal stylesheet or theme or made any custom modifications to the OJS page templates?

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby whitehorse » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi Michael,

Yes, I can confirm the buttons are there on other forms and managemenent pages, and no, no changes to the stylesheet or any custom modifications to OJS templates...
whitehorse

Postby whitehorse » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:57 am

I've had a look at the source page, and for the create new subscription type has nothing between the end of the table and end of form

Code: Select all

</table>

</form>

<p><span class="formRequired">* Denotes required field</span></p>

Whereas similar pages with the buttons have an input type para between /table and /form, something like this:

Code: Select all
</table>

<p><input type="submit" value="Save" class="button defaultButton" /> <input type="submit" name="createAnother" value="Save and Create Another" class="button" /> <input type="button" value="Cancel" class="button" onclick="document.location='http://XXXXXXX/index.php/XXXX/subscriptionManager/XXXX/XXXX;" /></p>

<p><span class="formRequired">* Denotes required field</span></p>

</form>

If I can find out the appropriate onclick code, can I insert it??

Or perhaps someone can suggest why the input type s not being generated?

Many thanks
whitehorse

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi whitehorse,

If the template is being cut off before the buttons are included, I suspect that there is a PHP error occurring when that page is loaded. Can you check your server's error logs when you load that page and see if anything shows up there?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support