OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with translation spanish

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Problem with translation spanish

Postby zortry » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:29 am

hello.

I want modify differnts terms of spanish traslation. I'm modifying the file "locale/es_ES/locale.xml, but this not work.

What file i have modify?

Tahnks
zortry

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:42 am

Hi Zortry,

What are you trying to modify? If it's general terms in the user interface, locale/es_ES/locale.xml is the file to change; if you'd like to modify the built-in email templates, use the Journal Manager's "Prepared Emails" pages. If your modifications aren't being reflected, try deleting the data cache as Site Administrator, and make sure that the cache directory and all its contents are writable by the web server.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby zortry » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:23 am

Hi Alec.

The terms what i want modify are: "Planificacion de revisio" for "Calendario de Evaluacion" on Evaluador -> Step Revision; and similar terms

Thanks.
zortry

Postby asmecher » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:22 am

Hi Zortry,

Could you give me the URL to the content you're talking about (removing, if you'd rather not make it public, your domain name)? What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby zortry » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:49 am

Hi Alec.

The url is kusan.uc3m.es/OJS and the version i think is 2.1.0.1

Thanks
zortry

Postby asmecher » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:02 am

Hi Zortry,

Actually, I need the full URL to the page that contains the text you're trying to change.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby zortry » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:44 am

Hi Alec.

For example http://kusan.uc3m.es/OJS/index.php/REHE ... ticleId=21, in this url, i modify "Agencias de Apoyo"

Thanks
zortry

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:54 am

Hi Zortry,

Look for the locale key "author.submit.submissionSupportingAgencies" in locale/es_ES/locale.xml. Does changing this entry have any effect?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby zortry » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:27 am

Hi Alec.

Thanks.

Now i have other problem, i modify role's name.
Have i modify the file locale/es_ES/locale.xml or other file?

Thanks
zortry

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:46 am

Hi Zortry,

Yes, all role names are in the locale.inc.php file. Almost all translation content is in this file, except for plugin-specific locale data and emails. Look for e.g. user.role.siteAdmin. Terms may appear in several places if they are used in different contexts.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby zortry » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:53 am

Hi Alec.

Thanks.

I want modify the sendings status that author see and i include a meter of days in the role's reviewer.
What file .php i have modify?
zortry

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:26 am

Hi Zortry,

I'm not sure I understand either modification you describe; could you give me some more detail?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby zortry » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:08 am

Hi Alec.

I want add status for articles that author can see (Completed, Active, Awaiting assignment, Queued for editing, Queued for review, ...). And i want add a meter of days in the role's reviewer, the meter indicates number days that the reviewer haves for evaluate the article.

Thanks
zortry

Return to OJS Development