OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

oddities after 2.3.8 to 2.4.2 patch

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

oddities after 2.3.8 to 2.4.2 patch

Postby pixelandpen » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:39 am

Hi there,

I ran the patch for upgrading an OJS instance from 2.3.8 to 2.4.2, using the actual patch command and not the php tools/upgrade.php patch command. Then I ran the database upgrade using php tools/upgrade.php upgrade. The patch indicated there were some rejected files, whereas the database finished without any errors.

However, there are a few issues with the site now:

1. The "User Home" link in the main menu now goes to /index.php/index/user instead of /index.php/journalname/user. This means that the user is now shown the default template instead of the template that the journal editors have customized.

2. "Step 3" in the Journal Management -> Setup process returns a blank page (i.e. /index.php/journalname/manager/setup/3). Steps 1, 2, 4, and 5 work as expected -- it is only Step 3 that is not working.

FYI, the list of .rej files are as follows, in case it is related to the issues described:

./templates/user/reigster.tpl.rej
./templates/comment/comment.tpl.rej
./classes/core/Application.inc.php.rej
./classes/user/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php.rej
./classes/comment/form/CommentForm.inc.php.rej
./styles/common.css.rej
./lib/pkp/classes/form/validation/FormValidationReCaptcha.inc.php.rej
./lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php.rej

Any pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Graham
pixelandpen

Re: oddities after 2.3.8 to 2.4.2 patch

Postby pixelandpen » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:19 am

As a follow-up, I checked the error logs on the server, and also saw this error message:

"class FormValidatorLocaleURL not found in /var/www/journals/journalname/classes/manager/form/setup/JournalSetupStep3Form.inc.php on line 57"
pixelandpen

Postby asmecher » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:13 am

Hi Graham,

For each of those .rej files, you're going to have to inspect the contents and merge in the changes manually; in particular, I expect the lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php.rej file will contain changes that are required for FormValidatorURL to work.

The changed behavior of the User Home is intended -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8224 and others for some discussion.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby pixelandpen » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Alec,

As you suspected, I needed to update the Form.inc.php file with the items from its respective .rej file. The page now loads as expected.

Thanks too for the info re: the behaviour of the "User Home" link.

Cheers,

Graham
pixelandpen

Return to OJS Technical Support