OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Installation failure on MampStack

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Installation failure on MampStack

Postby ruse » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:12 am

I am setting up a trial server for a UK University, and have Bitnami MampStack running on a macbook as the OS and environment, and I am following the README doc for OJS-2.4.2. The tar has been extracted to htdocs, mysql database created and config.inc.php updated, but whenever I point any browser at the folder set up, the browser returns the php text and will not run the script it contains.

I apologise for the daft question, I can see that there is either a simple step overlooked or a local permission setting which is stopping the script running correctly, but I can't find it.

regards,
Russell/ruse
ruse

Re: Installation failure on MampStack

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:20 am

Hi Russell,

My first question would be to ask you and see if the PHP module for Apache has been installed and enabled. It may not have been turned on by default.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support