OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Bootstrappish Theme

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Bootstrappish Theme

Postby tikidream » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:51 am

The latest bootstrappish theme is at https://github.com/cul/cdrs-bootstrappish/
This theme, developed by the Center for Digital Research and Scholarship at Columbia University applies bootstrap styling and scripts to OJS/OCS without modifying core. This is accomplished through PKP functions to include stylesheets and javascript and using LESS files to remap bootstrap classes to OJS/OCS elements.
tikidream

Re: Bootstrappish Theme

Postby angelspatial » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:52 pm

I am really excited to try and implement this, but when I do I get an error.

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method TemplateManager::addJavaScript() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\projects\website\plugins\themes\bootstrappish\BootstrappishThemePlugin.inc.php on line 56

I can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Is anyone else having this problem?
angelspatial

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi angelspatial,

What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby angelspatial » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Sorry, I meant to add that:

OCS 2.3.5

Thanks...
angelspatial

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi angelspatial,

This won't work with OCS without some adaptation. However, porting that code to OCS won't be a large amount of work, if you're handy with PHP.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby angelspatial » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:22 am

Oh ok... I am pretty handy with it, but I am still relatively new to the OCS framework.

It mentioned OCS in the original description so I figured I would give it a try.

Thanks!
angelspatial

Postby mgsolipa » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:33 am

Hi @angelspatial and @asmecher,

I solved this issue adding the missing function and now my OCS v2.3.5 is up and runing. If is useful for you, please review the file BootstrappishThemePlugin.inc.php at https://github.com/mgsolipa/cdrs-bootstrappish.
mgsolipa

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:53 am

Hi mgsolipa (and all),

I haven't tested the theme yet, but the code looks good -- I just posted one comment on github. By the way, we're just working on a new theming system that will be released in OJS 3.0; we'd love to have you in on the discussion at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9381&start=15.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tikidream » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Apologies on the delay in my reply. Yes, getting it cross-compatible is important. I'm going to give the additions on github a test run on some of our instances.

I'll hop in to the discussion on that post.

Thanks!
tikidream

Postby flyhalf » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Has anyone used this responsive theme lately? Are there any examples out there? Does it work with 2.4.5?

Thank you!
flyhalf

Postby roball » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:48 am

Yes, I am successfully using https://github.com/mgsolipa/cdrs-bootst ... master.zip (with last commit from 2013-10-10) with OCS 2.3.6 at https://ocs.icc-services.at/icc
roball

Postby Garant » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:50 am

Hi roball,
how do you install this theme? It doesn't contain an installation instructions and doesn't install through plugin installation interface.
Garant

Postby roball » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:03 am

Hi Garant,
Code: Select all
[root@server ~]# cd /var/www
[root@server www]# wget https://github.com/mgsolipa/cdrs-bootstrappish/archive/master.zip
[root@server www]# mv master.zip pkp-bootstrappish-master_20131010.zip
[root@server www]# chmod 600 pkp-bootstrappish-master_20131010.zip
[root@server www]# unzip -q pkp-bootstrappish-master_20131010.zip -d ocs-web/plugins/themes/
[root@server www]# cd ocs-web/plugins/themes/
[root@server themes]# mv cdrs-bootstrappish-master bootstrappish
[root@server themes]# rm -rf bootstrappish/docs
[root@server themes]# cd

Afterwards, you can enable the Bootstrappish Theme at "Conference Manager -> Website Management -> Conference Style".
roball

Postby Garant » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:48 am

Thank you!
It also should work in that way with OJS 2.4.x ?
Garant

Postby journalnilesh » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:07 am

Dear All,

I am a new user of OJS and I have used bootstrapish theme. It is excellent and mobile friendly. I want to share a small peace of code for dropdown navigation menu.

For that you should erase existing contents and paste this code to templates/common/navbar.tpl

below is the code.....hope it helps.... :D
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<ul class="nav nav-tabs">
<li class="active"><a href="#">Home</a></li>
<li class="dropdown">
<a href="#" data-toggle="dropdown" class="dropdown-toggle">Messages <b class="caret"></b></a>
<ul class="dropdown-menu">
<li><a href="#">Inbox</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Drafts</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Sent Items</a></li>
<li class="divider"></li>
<li><a href="#">Trash</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li id="home"><a href="{url page="index"}">{translate key="navigation.home"}</a></li>
<li id="about"><a href="{url page="about"}">{translate key="navigation.about"}</a></li>
{if !$currentJournal || $currentJournal->getSetting('publishingMode') != $smarty.const.PUBLISHING_MODE_NONE}
<li id="search"><a href="{url page="search"}">{translate key="navigation.search"}</a></li>
{/if}

{if $currentJournal && $currentJournal->getSetting('publishingMode') != $smarty.const.PUBLISHING_MODE_NONE}
<li id="current"><a href="{url page="issue" op="current"}">{translate key="navigation.current"}</a></li>
<li id="archives"><a href="{url page="issue" op="archive"}">{translate key="navigation.archives"}</a></li>
{/if}

{if $enableAnnouncements}
<li id="announcements"><a href="{url page="announcement"}">{translate key="announcement.announcements"}</a></li>
{/if}{* enableAnnouncements *}

{call_hook name="Templates::Common::Header::Navbar::CurrentJournal"}

{foreach from=$navMenuItems item=navItem key=navItemKey}
{if $navItem.url != '' && $navItem.name != ''}
<li class="navItem" id="navItem-{$navItemKey|escape}"><a href="{if $navItem.isAbsolute}{$navItem.url|escape}{else}{$baseUrl}{$navItem.url|escape}{/if}">{if $navItem.isLiteral}{$navItem.name|escape}{else}{translate key=$navItem.name}{/if}</a></li>
{/if}
{/foreach}
{if $isUserLoggedIn}
<li id="userHome"><a href="{url journal="index" page="user"}">{translate key="navigation.userHome"}</a></li>
{else}
<li id="login"><a href="{url page="login"}">{translate key="navigation.login"}</a></li>
{if !$hideRegisterLink}
<li id="register"><a href="{url page="user" op="register"}">{translate key="navigation.register"}</a></li>
{/if}
{/if}{* $isUserLoggedIn *}
</ul>

<script src="http://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.2.0/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
journalnilesh

Return to Plugin Gallery