OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Metadata plugins OJS 2.4.2

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Metadata plugins OJS 2.4.2

Postby sttis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi,

We've just upgraded to OJS 2.4.2 and when I browse to

Journal Management > System Plugins > Metadata Plugins

I see:

NLM 3.0 meta-data
Contributes NLM 3.0 schemas and application adapters.
Upgrade Plugin Delete Plugin

I can't find any documentation on this plugin, or the file I need to install it.

Can you advise?

Note: I don't have access to php admin or db. Just web interface.

Thanks,
Suzy
sttis

Re: Metadata plugins OJS 2.4.2

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:08 am

Hi Suzy,

That plugin is used for the Citation Assistant, which optionally parses and manages citations. Alternatively, if you want to export your content in NLM XML format, you can look at the OAI NLM plugin, which is implemented in plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/nlm and is exposed via the OAI interface.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby sttis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks Alec. That doesn't do what I thought it might!! :) We're anticipating exporting to PubMed Central, so are looking for a way to assign MeSH to articles. I know you set up something in Journal Management > Setup > 3. Submissions > 3.4 Subject Classification but was hoping this was going to be some kind of drop down thesaurus awesomeness. Oh well!
sttis

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi Suzy,

I'm not aware of any group that has integrated MeSH terms with OJS -- but that's a good candidate for a plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support