OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

undo editing in view.tpl

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

undo editing in view.tpl

Postby finovilla » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:04 pm

I edited the view.tpl file in /templates/issue/view.tpl, the problem is when i undo all my actions. the stuff that i added in view.tpl still shows when i browse eventhough i deleted them all. this might be a stupid question but i don't have any other idea how to fix this. i deleted all my history and emptied my cache but to no avail. pls help. what could have possibly gone wrong??
finovilla

Re: undo editing in view.tpl

Postby Garant » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:58 am

finovilla wrote:I edited the view.tpl file in /templates/issue/view.tpl, the problem is when i undo all my actions. the stuff that i added in view.tpl still shows when i browse eventhough i deleted them all. this might be a stupid question but i don't have any other idea how to fix this. i deleted all my history and emptied my cache but to no avail. pls help. what could have possibly gone wrong??

OJS cache, Browser's cache.
Try to open the page in private mode
Garant

Postby finovilla » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:34 am

i did browse the page in private mode (firefox and chrome) but still the same. try visiting journals.upv.edu.ph. i want to delete that annoying "Editorial Board" text and the separator found after the table of contents. such kind of code does not appear in http://journals.upv.edu.ph/templates/issue/view.tpl. OR am in the wrong file?
finovilla

Postby Garant » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:41 am

finovilla wrote:i did browse the page in private mode (firefox and chrome) but still the same. try visiting journals.upv.edu.ph. i want to delete that annoying "Editorial Board" text and the separator found after the table of contents. such kind of code does not appear in http://journals.upv.edu.ph/templates/issue/view.tpl. OR am in the wrong file?

Maybe you are editing the wrong template. To be sure run a text search through all templates for a "<div class="separator"></div>"
Garant

Postby finovilla » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:59 am

that would be a tedious task. especially that im in windows. idk, but im pretty sure im in the right .tpl file. could have my action (editing the view.tpl) file have overwritten some other files or did even saved to the database.?
finovilla

Postby Garant » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 am

finovilla wrote:that would be a tedious task. especially that im in windows. idk, but im pretty sure im in the right .tpl file. could have my action (editing the view.tpl) file have overwritten some other files or did even saved to the database.?

use Notepad++, I'm doing that way to find proper translation key or a tag set. No, files are not written to database. Try once more clear cache in backend (site administrator). Or even delete those files manually (you always could make a backup copy)
Garant

Return to General Discussion