OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Install plugin manually

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Install plugin manually

Postby cristianviza » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 am

I knew it's a stupid question, but I really don't know where command for install plugins. is and don't know where to command for install plugin.
I need install a plugion for importexport. I decompress .zip in the /plugin/importExport and after I execute "php tools/upgrade.php upgrade", but after that I see this display in my ojs : http://www.subimelafoto.com.ar/visualizer.php?url=456image.png.
what is wrong ?
Thank a lot of. Cristian . Argentina
cristianviza

Re: Install plugin manually

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:19 am

Hi Cristian,

The procedure you're following should work fine; the alternative is to use the web-based interface to upload and install the plugin. In any case, the plugin may be installed correctly; the problem you're seeing should have more information in the server's error logs. It might be a version mismatch between your installation of OJS and the plugin, or something similar.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby fivos » Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 am

Hi everybody,

i have implemented a generic plugin. During it's installation it creates a table in the OJS database.

In OJS-2.4.3 the table is created during the installation.

In OJS-2.3.7 the table is not created during the installation and i have to run the command: php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
in order to be the table created.

Why could this happen?

Thank you in advance
fivos

Postby asmecher » Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 am

Hi fivos,

Is there any particular reason you're also targeting OJS 2.3.7? That's a pretty old release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby fivos » Thu May 29, 2014 2:28 am

Hi Alec,

Indeed it's an old release. The reason is that i am implementing the plugin for the Library & Information Center of the University of Patras and they have installed the OJS-2.3.7 version in their server.
fivos

Postby asmecher » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:02 am

Hi fivos,

I'm hesitant to spend too much time debugging an old release; your work-around of running the upgrade script is probably the best way to go.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Development