OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Section editor can't see articles once approved

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Section editor can't see articles once approved

Postby anagisbert » Fri May 17, 2013 5:00 am

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I've been working with OJS since december, as a manager of 2 journals (http://www.rcdp.cat, http://www.rld.cat), edited in Catalan, Spanish and English.

In our journals we have Section Editors that only act in the "review phase", but we want them to be able to see all the articles they have worked on. Right now they see that they have articles "in editing" (see attachment), but when they click on them the list is empty. What can we do to solve this problem without giving "in editing" permissions at the section level?

RLD section editor.doc
(125.5 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Ana
anagisbert

Re: Section editor can't see articles once approved

Postby vgabler » Fri May 17, 2013 8:07 am

Hi,

I wasn't able to replicate this problem in our test OJS installation. When an article has been assigned to a section editor, gone through review, and then sent to editing, the article moves from the Review Queue to the Editing Queue. When logging into my User Home as a Section Editor, if I click on my role as a Section Editor, I do see that I have no submissions. However, that is because it takes me to the Review Queue by default. When I click on my Editing queue, I still have access to the submissions to which I was assigned. If you are not experiencing the same thing, can you please provide more information, such as the version you are running?

All best,
Vanessa Gabler
vgabler

Postby anagisbert » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:26 am

Hi Vanessa!

I thought I had got no answer to my question beacause I got no email telling me so, and now I see that you answered very quickly! shame on me! ;-)

We are running version 2.3.7.0.

When we clicked on the articles "In editing" we saw an empty list.

Nevertheless, this is not a big concern any more because we solved the problem giving "in editing" permissions to all section editors and asking them not to do anything in the "Editing" interface of a submission.

Next time I post a question, I'll check more often for answers! :-)

Ana

http://revistes.eapc.gencat.cat/index.php/rld
http://revistes.eapc.gencat.cat/index.php/rcdp
anagisbert

Postby vgabler » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:41 am

Hi, Ana,

I'm glad you were able to fix the problem on your own. For future posts, there is an option in your user profile for what actions trigger notifications. You can check the box to receive notification e-mails when any response is posted to your posts.

All best,
Vanessa Gabler
vgabler

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion