OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

adding a field to the database

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

adding a field to the database

Postby stothekmo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:21 pm

Hello,

On my OCS project in the user registration page, where they register for a new account. I added a field, similar to the affiliation field. I then changed the XML so it has access to the name. I changed the templates and the classes. I added a field in my database. The program now works but it's not adding the new field into my table in the database.

Please direct me to the files to be changed to add this data as one of the columns for my database
stothekmo

Re: adding a field to the database

Postby asmecher » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi stothekmo,

Can you post the code? It's hard to know what's happening without more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Development