OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Change Workflow

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Change Workflow

Postby chull » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:49 am

Hello together,

i'm new to open journal system and i have a general question. My customer wants to change the process how to accept an article. Is it possible to change the system to get a workflow like designed in the attachment file:

http://cl.ly/2K2S3I1J3q3f

1) the author submits an article
2) the editor receives a message, he makes the first check and informs the publisher which also has to give his permission
3) then the article goes to the reviewer, if he is ok, the article goes back to the...
4) editor, he is checking the article again and informs the publisher again
5) the author has now the possibility to change his article if its needed
6) the editor makes the last check together with the publisher
7) the article is now ready to publish

If you can see the step design is not needed in this workflow.

Would be great to get a response.

Greetings Chull
chull

Re: Change Workflow

Postby chull » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:20 am

I think its just needed to cancel the Layout and Proofreading Phase. And an option to inform the publisher, maybe in ojs he is called different.
chull

Re: Change Workflow

Postby asmecher » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 am

Hi chull,

Have you familiarized yourself with the OJS workflow? It's fairly close to what you describe, and I don't see any major incompatibilities. It's described in this image.

Proofreading is optional; layout must be performed by someone (though it may be the editor) as the submission files must be uploaded in a reader-facing format (e.g. PDF).

The step to inform the publisher isn't specifically available in OJS, though you may be able to make use of the Section Editor role for their sake.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development