OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Move to Layout: Fetal error

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Move to Layout: Fetal error

Postby hasurorg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 am

Hello...
I am using OCS 2.3.4. Wen i am trying to send a submission in Review to Layout section, i am taking an error;

"Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileType() on a non-object in /home/admin/domains/hasuder.org.tr/public_html/kongre/classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorAction.inc.php on line 889"

I need your urgent help.
Many thanks... :(

Tacettin Inandi
hasurorg

Re: Move to Layout: Fetal error

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:04 am

Hi Tacettin,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I can't replicate this problem. How is your conference set up in Scheduled Conference Setup Step 2.1, Submission Process?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby kruger » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Hello James,

i've got the same error as Tacettin. Using OCS 2.3.4.0, when sending a submission to Layout and publish section, the following error happens:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileType() on a non-object in /var/www/ocs/classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorAction.inc.php on line 889"

My set up in Schedules Conference Setup Step 2.1 is the following: Abstract and Proposal together, with supplementary files allowed. Other options for the same step aren't used.

I'm suspecting the error is related to sending a submission to layout without selecting a version, but cant make any kind of test right now.

Thanks for any help,

Paulo Nesello
kruger

Re: Move to Layout: Fatal error

Postby tshore » Mon May 27, 2013 10:05 am

This error was reported back in 2008 and again last year. No one ever followed up on it. Just popped up on one of my current conferences (OCS 2.3.5):

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileType() on a non-object in /home/csbbcs/public_html/ocs2/classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorAction.inc.php on line 888

The director has moved a number of other papers - all PDFs, so far - to "layout" so that they can made available on the presentations page.

https://www.csbbcs.org/ocs2/index.php/m ... sentations

And then this error popped up with a particular presentation. I think it's related to file size. This PDF was 1.5 MB and all of the others that I've looked at that are online are under 1 MB. I reduced the file size and was able to successfully "Move to Layout".

It also should be noted that this particular bit of OJS language doesn't apply to OCS.

Haven't had time to track down what setting where needs to be increased. It can't be upload_max_filesize, because the file gets uploaded to the server no problem. The error just pops up when the file is being copied to the public folder. Plus upload_max_filesize is set to 10 MB on my server.
tshore

Postby tshore » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Now I'm getting this error on a file under 1MB, so, obviously it isn't filesize that's causing the problem this time. So what happens is that someone submitted a PDF to be posted with their presentation but then found an error and so they submitted a corrected PDF. If I delete the current galley and then try to send the new author version, then I get the error. If I then try to send the review version, it works fine. And then I can also now send the author version without getting an error. Not sure that it's the right one though, because it renames it and I'll have to contact the author because I can't see the difference between the two PDFs.

I would appreciate it if someone could look at this.
tshore

Postby tshore » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Anyone?
tshore

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:47 am

Hi Trudy,

Your note about the author uploading a revision turned out to be the key; see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8321 for a patch (direct link on recommended patches list). Please confirm whether the patch resolves the issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support