OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Translating the help files

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Translating the help files

Postby nef » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:06 am

Hi
I'm translating the OJS 2.4.2.0 into Danish, but I've forgotten how to find all the help files. Do they figure in the Translator Plugin? For instance /help/view/editorial/topic/000044
Regards
NEF
nef

Re: Translating the help files

Postby asmecher » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:33 am

Hi NEF,

Help files don't appear in the translator plugin; you'll have to manually translate them (in the help/ subdirectory, plus a few files shipped in plugins). But before you invest a lot of time doing this -- we'll be tearing out the existing help system as part of the OJS 3.0 redesign, so I would suggest waiting.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nef » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:23 am

Hi Alec
Thank you very much for your answer. Can you tell me anything about the coming release of OJS 3.0? When will it be?
Regards
NEF
nef

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:07 am

Hi NEF,

We'll be releasing an early alpha within a few weeks; then a beta, currently scheduled for this fall but likely to be deferred a little. Currently the 3.0 final release is scheduled for the first half of next year, but that's tentative. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/General_Software_Milestones. We'll also be giving a preview of OJS 3.0 (based on the alpha release) at our upcoming conference, and hopefully that session will be captured for those who can't make it to Mexico.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support