OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Desperately looking for "Full Text: PDF" link of published..

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Desperately looking for "Full Text: PDF" link of published..

Postby nicknamed » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 am

Dear,
I have this journal
http://ojs.journals.cz/index.php/CBUCon ... cle/view/2
and I struggle to see download links for all articles I have added to that journal. I added all articles using QuickSubmit Plugin. The only thing that remains is that I want to be able to download the article. I checked some help but due to keywords (fulltext download pdf open journal system) used it is nearly impossible to find an required advice. I just registered the doi numbers, but the link takes to to that page where no FullText: PDF link can be found, so the article cannot be downloaded. What am I missing? What did I forget? Please descibe it like for an idiot as I am new to OJS.
Thank you very much in advance
Please help
Petr
nicknamed

Re: Desperately looking for "Full Text: PDF" link of publish

Postby asmecher » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:18 am

Hi Petr,

It looks as though you didn't upload a galley file, though it's difficult to tell from here. If you only have a few submissions, use the Editor's "Editing" page for each submission to upload a new file under the Layout area (choose Galleys for the upload).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nicknamed » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Dear Alec,
most probably you are right. When I checked the quicksubmit form again I think I only found the file on drive but did not upload it.
How can I add it to already published article with asigned DOI? I looked almost everywhere in the menu, but as I am a newbie it seems to be quite complex for me to find such a function.
Thank you very much! I almost lost hope I will figure this out.
Petr
nicknamed

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi Petr,

• Go to User Home > Editor
  • Find which of the queues (Unassigned, In Editing, ...) the submission is in
  • Click the submission's title
  • Click "Editing" at the top of the page
  • Under "Layout", choose the "Galley" radio button, use "Browse" to find your file, then click "Upload" to upload the galley.
  • Review the form and save it.
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby nicknamed » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:17 am

Dear Alec,

First article has been started not with quicksubmit, also has a lot of versions uploaded under review,..etc, does not show in any phase (editing, archive,...) and does not show fulltext download link.
With other articles it is like this:
The titles are in archive and I cannot add new file or change anything on the editing page in relation to galley file. I only was allowed to uplad new file to review (next to editing link). These were added with quicksubmit.
The thing is I could do the whole upload again with upload, but the DOIs are assigned automatically and I would distort the whole order...
Is there any advice available? Thank you!!!
Petr
nicknamed

Postby asmecher » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Petr,

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that your article doesn't show under any of the 4 Editors' queues (Unassigned, Review, Editing, Archive)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby nicknamed » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:59 am

3 are in archive (quicksubmit, just not uploaded)
and 1 is missing completely (really nowhere, the real process, it was the first testing one)

and I still do not want to mess up doi numbers - if you know a technique how to turn them back to original values, so I would erase all articlesand everything, I could start from scratch, so would DOI, that would certainly help me. (or without deleting only adding those pdf articles so thy would show on respective pages)
petr
nicknamed

Postby asmecher » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi Petr,

Hmm -- is it possible e.g. that you deleted the section that the missing article was submitted into?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby nicknamed » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Alec,
so I erased the whole journal, then tried to learn it once again from the scratch, I have learned a lot, I can even replicate your guidelines for replacing the file now.
I should be fine now.
Thank you!
Petr
nicknamed

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion