OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

.tpl file for right navigation bar

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: .tpl file for right navigation bar

Postby ram » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Dear sir,
1.The pdf galley links are shown in the archives pages.I want to remove the article from archive page.How can i do it?
2.After i adding current issue the same article is automatically display in archives pages also.The current issue should be current issue not to be in archives.How can i do it?
ram

Postby ramon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:45 am

Hello ram,

I think you should follow Alec's advice and take a look at OJS Documentation first, as well as relevant documentation available.
This will help you with the basic understanding of OJS's workflow, roles and features, as well as help you formulate your questions more precisely.

OJS IS also an archival (digital repository is another term for this) software and, by design, everything is "stored" in the archive.
Don't confuse the main navigation Archives with the Archives in the administration pages (Editor role). Nonetheless, everything is stored for record keeping, even rejected papers, although these are not viewable by the public.
Once an issue is published it is automatically archived and, for the sake of access, the current issue is also available from the archives.

If I remember correctly, there is a link by the name of the galley file, in the Editing > Layout section of the submission's pages, where you can delete the files.
If you want to delete an article completely, you should reject it first (if it has been published, it needs to be removed from the issue, then rejected). Once there, you will have to enter the Archives (in the administration's pages), and delete it from the system. This will remove every database record and file related.

If you want to "hide" the current issue from the Archives (main navigation link, below the header), you will need to modify the source code.
I just took a look at the ojs2/templates/issue/archive.tpl file, and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this.

Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Postby ram » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi,
Thank u.Now i get clarification.
ram

Postby springday » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:27 am

Hi Marwazalta,

you can easily manage to get this change done in the locale files. Go to the file /lib/pkp/locale/en_US/user.xml (this is for the English version; you should also change the "user.xml" file in all other subfolders of /lib/pkp/locale according to your needs, if you want to support further languages).
In user.xml look out for those lines:
Code: Select all
<message key="user.feminine">F</message>
<message key="user.masculine">M</message>

Just change the "F" of "M" in the element content to your needs, save the file, and you should be done.

Best regards,
Kai
springday

What file to edit

Postby fnovilla » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:24 pm

hello everyone, i got a similar problem and i find this thread useful. But i would like to further ask if where i could find the files in order for me to edit the whole look/lay out of the site. I have read the guides about uploading your css, using built in templates, etc. but what i would like to edit are the <div> of the site for i would like to rearrange some stuff. One example is that i would like to put the <div id="navbar"> outside of the <div id="main">. What file should i edit in order for me to do this. THANK YOU and GOOD DAY! :D
fnovilla

Postby springday » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:03 am

Hi fnovila,

the changes you are looking for are likely to be made in the file /lib/pkp/templates/common/header.tpl. You will find a literal

<div id="main">

in there, and you'll also see a

{include file="common/navbar.tpl"}

somewhere else. This include method call is generating the HTML-code for the navbar. If you move this to somewhere else, the navbar will appear in this new position in your HTML. If you start working on those Smarty templates, you'll find introduction and tutorial at the official Smarty website http://www.smarty.net.
When you try to understand the template structure in OJS, there is one important thing to know. Basically the templates are located in the folder /templates of your OJS installation. If a file path is like in the example above ("common/navbar.tpl") you will find this template file in the /templates folder of your OJS installation. If the file path is like "core:common/navbar.tpl" you'll find this file in the /lib/pkp/templates folder of your OJS installation.

Best regards,
Kai
springday

Postby fnovilla » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 pm

springday. thank you so much. that did help a lot. so i have another question. im trying to make a block plugin containing the editorial team. i copied the codes found in the editorialTeam.tpl to my new block.tpl and had included it in the rightsidebar. the problem is nothing shows. why is that?
fnovilla

Previous

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion