OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

email notification to section editor

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

email notification to section editor

Postby jamief » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Sorry, I cannot seem to find out if this should be happening already or if in one of my journals, it's not working.

I want an email notification to go out to the BOOK REVIEW editor (section editor, but not an editor) automatically to make a decision on that submission, because it is not peer reviewed. The Book editor does not need to know about article submissions. Do I have to do something special to make this happen, or are all section editors automtically notified when a submission is made to their section?

My book editor did not seem to receive a notification and so Im wondering if its a configuration problem, a bug, or an email went missing.
jamief

Re: email notification to section editor

Postby vgabler » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:53 am

Submission notifications go only to the e-mail that is entered into the Setup pages (Step 3.6). However, when an editor assigns a submission, such as a book review, to a Section Editor, the assigned Section Editor should receive an e-mail notification at that step. Journal Sections can be created in the Journal Management pages, and after creating a Journal Section, you can assign a specific user to be responsible for that section Notifications will then go to that person after the Editor assigns the submission to that person.

All best,
Vanessa Gabler
vgabler

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion